About Us
The History of Living Waters Chapel Assembly of God  
  • Early in the 1920's, the Full-Gospel Message was introduced to the Lebanon Valley area by various ministers and evangelists. As a result, a number of Christian men and women were baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4). This created within their hearts a desire to form a Full-Gospel Church in the Lebanon Area.

  • In the year 1930, under the ministry of the Reverend Slater McComsey, in a rented second-floor hall at Seventh and Willow Streets in Lebanon, the Church became a reality. It was first named "Glad Tidings Tabernacle".

  • The Reverend Earl Weinand became the first elected Pastor in 1935 and he was succeeded by the Reverend Warren Stratten.

  • In 1936, the congregation, under the name of "Pentecostal Assembly of God", moved to Partridge and Union Streets, where it continued to worship until 1957.

  • It was then that the new facilities under the name "First Assembly of God" were built at 721 East Penn Avenue, Cleona, under the leadership of the Reverend Jack W. Ferguson.

  • When he resigned in 1971, the Reverend Merle Grossglass served as Pastor until 1976.

  • The Reverend William Farrell became our next Pastor and served until 1981. It was during his ministry that the building was extensively renovated.

  • In May 1981, the Reverend Jack Belin and his wife Georgia, along with their children Russell and Wendy, moved to Lebanon to pastor First Assembly of God. Under his leadership, the church experienced spiritual and numerical growth.

  • Due to this growth, the church relocated on August 12, 1984 to its current location at 1900 Jay Street. It was during this relocation that First Assembly of God became "Living Waters Chapel".

  • The Belin's resigned in April of 1988 to answer God's call to the mission field. 

  • The Reverend Louis Trotta assumed the Senior Pastor's position and served until April of 1990. During this time the present church sanctuary was planned and then completed in December 1989.

  • The church was in need of another pastor after the retirement of Pastor Trotta.

  • In June of 1990, Pastor Dean Cover and family, Patti, Cory and Kyle moved to Lebanon from Virginia to assume the role of Senior Pastor.

  • In 2004, the church added a much-needed office wing adjacent to the main sanctuary which now makes up the current LWC campus.

  •  In June 2018, Pastor Chris Light transitioned from youth ministry into the role of Lead Pastor.

  • Living Waters Chapel continues to look ahead to the opportunities of being a light in the Lebanon Valley area and to be a witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.