THIS IS OUR STORY
Click the blue-colored text and pictures for a closer look and more photos!
Early in the 1920s, the Full-Gospel Message was introduced to the Lebanon Valley area by various ministers and evangelists.
As a result, a number of Christian men and women were baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4).
This created within their hearts a desire to form a Full-Gospel Church in the Lebanon Area.
The Reverend Earl Weinand became the first elected Pastor in 1935 and he was succeeded by Reverend Warren Stratten.
When Reverend Furgeson resigned in 1971,
Reverend Merle Grossglass served as Pastor until 1976.
Reverend William Farrell became our next Pastor and served until 1981. It was during his ministry that the building was extensively renovated.
Reverend Jack Belin and his wife Georgia, along with their children Russell and Wendy, moved to Lebanon to pastor First Assembly of God. Under his leadership, the church experienced spiritual and numerical growth.
Due to this growth, the church relocated on August 12th, 1984 to its current location at 1900 Jay Street. It was during this relocation that First Assembly of God became "Living Waters Chapel".
The Belin's resigned in April of 1988 to answer God's call to the mission field.
In June of 1990, Pastor Dean Cover along with his family; Patti, Cory, and Kyle, moved to Lebanon from Virginia to become the next Senior Pastor. He served 30 years at Living Waters Chapel and retired in 2018.
In 2004, the church added a much-needed office wing adjacent to the main sanctuary which now makes up the current campus.
In June 2018, Pastor Chris Light became Lead Pastor after serving in youth ministry for 25 years, 11 of which were here at Living Waters Chapel. After faithfully leading our church for 5 years he resigned after saying, "YES" to the Holy Spirit's call to make kingdom impact elsewhere.
Living Waters Chapel continues to press forward with the mission of loving God, loving people, and changing lives in the Lebanon Valley area.